- Robert: I've been paying the mortgage on it for the last 15 years.
Penny: If we didn't share a mortgage, I would leave you.
- Brendan: That was a novelty act. You want to have actual sexual intercourse, right?
- Brendan: You need to learn how not to play, Conor. That's the trick. That's rock and roll.
- Brendan: Every school has a covers band. Every pub has a covers band. Every wedding has a covers band. And every covers band has a middle-aged member who'll never know whether they could've made it in the music industry or not, because they never had the balls to write a song for someone else.
- Baxter: Take pride in your God-given features. No more Ziggy Stardust.
- Brendan: Rock and roll is a risk. You risk being ridiculed.
- Raphina: Your problem is that you're not happy being sad. But that's what love is, Cosmo. Happy-sad.
- Conor: I think she's just an amazing human being. I've never seen anyone like her. The way she talks and looks. She wears these sunglasses, and when she takes them off, her eyes are like the clouds clearing past the moon. Sometimes I just want to cry looking at her.
- Conor: It means that I'm stuck in this shithole, full of morons and rapists and bullies, and I'm gonna deal with it, okay? It's just how life is. I'm gonna try and accept it and get on with it, and make some art.
- Eamon: Listen, I'm happy being anything. I just want to play music.
- Female Teacher: All the complicated boys and girls.
- Darren: Having a golliwog in the band give us a real edge.
- Conor: I'm a futurist.
- Brendan: You look after that brother of mine. He's gonna be lost without me.
- Darren: Being in a band is like being in the army. Everyone has everyone's back.
- Brendan: But anyway, go on.
- Darren: We all have one thing in common... me, you and him. We're all shit at school. We're bleedin' useless.
- Raphina: And then you and I just run off into the night with the twinkling lights of the city behind us.
- Penny: Can't get divorced in Ireland, so we'll be legally separated.
- Conor: Maybe you're living in my world; I'm not living in yours. You're just material for my songs.
- Conor: My brother says all the great artists had to get off this island. The ones who stayed got depressed and turned into alcoholics.
- Conor: A boat's like a musical instrument... it doesn't like it if you don't use it.
- Evan: See you in the future, then.
- Conor: I've always wanted to go to an American school. With girls and hair gel.
- Conor: It's like when you don't know someone, they're more interesting. They can be anything you want them to be. But when you know them, there's limits to them.